A message from Amy Pearl of Sister District Sonoma County
“He who controls redistricting, controls Congress” – Karl Rove
Sister District builds progressive power by winning strategic state legislative elections. We “sister” volunteers with carefully identified races where flipping control of the state legislature will drive progressive policy forward
Join our local Sister District Chapter Sonoma County East
Protect reproductive rights, voting rights, and the VA results of the 2024 Presidential Election!
Info at https://www.facebook.com/SisterDistrictSonomaCountyEast
Sign up with our chapter at https://actionnetwork.org/forms/sister-district-sonoma-county-east
- 5pm, Sunday April 30: Bake for Democracy Planning Meeting, (Oakmont area)
Join us to plan our first activity for our first assigned candidate: a bake sale at the Oakmont Arts & Crafts Fair, May 20! Join us 5pm Sunday, April 30 for a planning meeting at Amy’s house in east Santa Rosa.
- For the address of the April 30 planning meeting, contact email@example.com.
- To contribute baked goods to the sale, contact Marcia Babb, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To help with the May 20 event (set up/decorations, sign up for a staffing shift, clean up, help get the word out) – please email email@example.com.
- 5pm – 6:30pm, Wednesday, May 17 (Hybrid – Zoom and private home, Ragle Ranch Area, Santa Rosa): Chapter meeting
Join us for our first chapter meeting of 2023 – with an appearance with our candidate, Schuyler Vanvalkenburg, by Zoom! NOTE: Schuyler will be joining us at 5:15pm, so please sign in/arrive promptly at 5:00. For those meeting in person, please bring something to share for a potluck! We’ll also have Virginia election insights, chapter updates, and plan for our upcoming events. Sign up for the zoom link and meeting address at https://www.mobilize.us/sisterdistrictsonomacountyeast/event/560945/
- 10-3, Saturday, May 20: Bake Sale for Democracy Fundraiser (Oakmont Berger Center Parking Lot)
Help us make this first fundraiser a big, fun success! Come by for the Arts and Crafts fair, buy our chapter’s baked goods! Tell your friends! 10am–3pm at the Oakmont Berger Center Parking Lot, 6633 Oakmont Dr, Santa Rosa, Ca 95409 . Want to bake items or help staff the table? Planning meeting 5pm Sunday April 30 (see above)!
- 6-9 pm, Sunday June 11: Poker for Democracy (Oakmont)
Our most popular fundraiser for our assigned candidate returns! Sign up NOW at https://actionnetwork.org/forms/sister-district-sonoma-county-east to find out details!
To help with our June Poker for Democracy (set up/decorations, potluck items, staffing sign in table, clean up, organizing packets of poker chips, help get the word out) – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- May, June, July: Your Ideas Here!
We welcome folks who want to help with our events– let us know at email@example.com.
Or visit ActionNetwork.org